Friday 4 December 2015

November wrap-up/December TBR

Hi everyone!
This is going to be my first wrap-up/TBR post and I hope you guys like it! I'm going to give a quick review on all the books I read in November and tell you about all the books I'm going to try to read in December! Let's get started!

In November I read 5 books and most of them were pretty enjoyable.

First, I read Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I gave this book 5/5 stars on Goodreads and I have to say I absolutely adored this book. So far this book is my favourite book of 2015 and maybe even my favourite book of all time! I started this book on October 24th and finished it on November 1st. On the 30th of October I had the absolute pleasure of meeting the author Leigh Bardugo during her Magic and Mayhem tour-stop in Rotterdam! She was the absolute sweetest and I am so happy I now have a signed copy of this book. This book is set in the Grisha-universe, however you do not have to read the Grisha-trilogy before you read this novel. There are only a few small mentions of the original trilogy, so you don't get spoiled either. Also, this book has some of the best characters ever! If you have not yet read this book I highly recommend that you do as quickly as you can, because you won't regret it!

The second book I finished in November is The Isle of the lost by Melissa de la Cruz. I started this book on the 9th of November and finished it on the 12th of November. I gave it a 3.75/5 rating. This book is a prequel to the Disney movie Descendants. As some of you might know, I love Disney and I take this love very seriously. When I first saw the trailer of Descendants I cringed, a lot, but the movie turned out to actually be kind of fun! The characters were pretty great and the songs had a very nostalgic Disney-feel about them. (Although I still refuse to talk about the new edition of Be our guest, that was just a total trainwreck) This book follows our main characters, Mal, the daughter of Maleficent, Evie, daughter of the Evil queen, Carlos, son of Cruella de Vil and Jay, son of Jafar, before the beginning of the movie. The book was not a very big or complex novel but it gave some nice insight in the character's personalities. The story itself was a bit flat, but it was fun to read none the less. (Also, awesome Disney-references, count me in!)

Draussen vor der Tür was the third book I read this month. I read the book in my German classes and it was pretty interesting. I gave it a 3.5/5 stars rating. The book is actually a play and it was written by Wolfgang Borchert. The story is about a man who comes back from the war and finds out that his wife has found a new love and his son is dead. The story starts when he tries to commit suicide, but the river Elbe (yeah, it's a bit strange) rejects him and spits him out. Definitely one of the most enjoyable books I've ever had to discuss at school, with a lot of themes worth reading about.

The fourth book I read this month was Carry on by Rainbow Rowell. I gave it  4.5/5 stars. This book follows Simon Snow, the worst chosen-one ever, according to his roommate Baz. Simon is a mage, destined to safe the magical world, but he is caught up in things he doesn't understand. This book was a really fun read and the world was super creative and refreshing. (I also wrote a more in-dept review/discussion about this book, click here if you're interested in reading that) I enjoyed this book very much and I definetely recommend it to anyone interested in books about magic, boarding schools, magical boarding schools or really any type of fast-paced fun read.

The last book I finished this month, I just finished last night, and it is The night circus by Erin Morgenstern. I gave this book 5/5 stars. This book was like magic in words, everything was described in such lush detail. The sentences flowed beautifully and the world seemed so real. The story itself was truly complex and I never saw any of the plottwists coming. It was very interesting and I'd love to visit the circus! This book is one of my new favourites and immediately after finishing it I wanted to read it again!

In December I plan on reading these 4 books:

My true love gave to me by various authors (this is a re-read, but a perfect christmas read)
Queen of the tearling by Erika Johansson
Clockwork prince by Cassandra Clare (finally)
Cruel beauty by Rosamunde Hodge

I will update my progress on Goodreads and at the end of the month I will tell you guys all about the books I've read.

This was all I have for you guys today, happy December, happy reading, and I'll write to you later! :D

Lots of love,

Sabine

No comments:

Post a Comment